Crested Butte School of Dance Mission and Values
The Crested Butte School of Dance is a community-based educational organization dedicated to fostering creativity, self-expression and personal growth to people of all ages through professional dance instruction.
Crested Butte School of Dance programs develop an understanding of 1. Dance Technique, 2. Body Awareness, 3. Musicality and 4. Performance. Further, participation teaches life skills such as: discipline, self-esteem, responsibility, teamwork, social skills, and an appreciation of the arts, an active and healthy lifestyle, joy and fun.
We are always looking for qualified dance instructors! Do you want to join our team? Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
Program Director Position
The Program Director (PD) acts as an ambassador of the Crested Butte School of Dance and upholds the mission and goals of the organization. The PD maintains a working relationship with the Executive Director (ED) such that they can accomplish the Crested Butte School of Dance mission. The PD also provides direction and leadership toward the achievement of the organization’s philosophy, mission, strategies, and its annual goals and objectives through the administration of programs and performances, safety and risk management, teacher leadership and management, public relations, and marketing. The PD reports to the ED and consults and receives direction from the ED.
AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY
1. Program, Product and Performance Administration: Manages and implements all logistical aspects of programs and performances.
- Oversees annual Master Schedule and Timeline with support from the ED.
- Supports ED in reviewing all insurance, waivers, handbooks, policy & procedure guidelines, etc.
- Oversees all safety and risk management.
- Manages studio and performance facilities:
- Facilitates the reservations, contracts, and rental of all dance studio and performance spaces including cancellation of rentals around school breaks, rehearsal schedule and other necessary updates.
- Provides all necessary equipment and supplies for studio spaces as required (stereos, Wi-Fi information, auxiliary cables, tissues, first aid supplies, teaching tools, etc.)
- Manages the Participant/Parent Portal of the website.
- Oversees Dance Studio Pro database management with support from the Administrative Director (AD).
- Oversees the day-to-day support and scheduling needs around changes such as teacher substitutions, facilities issues, pandemics or other unforeseen impactful events, student matters, etc.
- Sets-up, maintains, and designs all registration, including extra Company classes, workshops, private lessons and coordinates with the database.
- Monitors and evaluates attendance in all classes and arranges for new classes, schedules and facilities as needed to accommodate enrollment accordingly.
- Coordinates social media and website concurrently with all registration opportunities.
- Develops and maintains excellent participant and parent communications and relations with support from the ED related to programming, billing, registration, class preparation, etc.
- Organizes and facilitates participant and parent meetings.
- Administers scholarship money to qualified applicants upon approval of the “Scholarship Committee.”
- Hires and manages performance staff such as the show directors, stage managers, etc.
- Oversees the overall artistic vision and quality of performances alongside the show directors.
- Manages teacher roles in supporting performances with help from the show directors.
- Manages costume ordering and purchasing.
2. Staff Leadership: Empowers and supports all teachers through outstanding leadership, inspiration, and clear communication.
- Recruits Instructor and Performance Staff
- Directly Supervises Teachers and Performance Staff
- Performs regular documented 1 on 1 teacher check-ins
- Develops and inspires teacher community
- Organizes and facilitates teacher meetings and annual teacher events
- Responsible for positive teacher communications and relations
- Implements teacher professional development and trainings
- Updates and upholds schoolwide curriculum, skills checklists, and the curriculum library
- Manages the Staff Portal of the website
3. Marketing and Media: Responsible for design, marketing and promotion of programs, products and services.
- Social media and marketing design and management: brochures, posters, FB events, Instagram, newspaper ads, online advertising, flyers, etc. with support from the AD.
- Responsible for informative mass email blasts with support from the AD.
4. Community and Public Relations: Ensures the organization and its mission, programs, products and services are consistently presented in a strong, positive image to relevant stakeholders, parents, and the community at large.
- Provides exemplary customer service.
- Supports board and ED in maintaining positive relationships for all fundraising and development efforts.
- Attends events (such as “school activity night”) and advertises for SOD with enthusiasm and appropriate materials.
- Supports the ED in overseeing school-related issues, especially those that are policy based.
- Displays and promotes the mission and vision of the SOD which includes exhibiting respect and fairness to all students, parents, and teachers in the dance community.
- Builds and maintains positive relations within the community which benefit the SOD and the larger community.
- Helps in the creation of community outreach opportunities.
ANNUAL STATEMENT OF DESIRED OUTCOMES
Each year the Executive Director prepares an employee evaluation for the PD, which is to include personal and organizational goals, objectives, and measurable outcomes pursuant to the areas of responsibility detailed above. An annual “evaluation of performance” will be conducted by the ED and will be based on the “statement of desired outcomes.”
POSITION REQUIREMENTS (skills, competencies, experience and education/credentials)
- Enthusiasm and passion for kids, community, and dance
- Leadership and supervisory experience. Ability to inspire and bring people together in community.
- Independent and resourceful self-starter yet also a strong team player.
- Enjoys working directly with a variety of people and engaging in excellent customer service. Strong social and communication skills with students, parents, board and community.
- Excellent organizational and administrative skills. Strong attention to detail.
- Can fluidly prioritize, meet deadlines, and multi-task in a dynamic fast paced environment.
- Excellent computer skills proficiency with Microsoft Office, Google Suite, database systems, etc.
- Minimum 2-days per week in-office time unless otherwise approved by the ED.
- Occasionally required to work evenings and weekends as dictated by weekend performances, rehearsals, workshops, evening classes, and staff meetings.
- A bachelor’s degree or related training in education, leadership, or working with youth is preferred.
- Baseline knowledge of dance is preferred but not required.
This is a salaried position with annual salary commensurate based on experience from $30,000 to $35,000. The annual work schedule can be set in two different ways:
- Ideally this position works 32 hours a week with 10-weeks off during the summer.
- This position could also work year-round at 25 hours a week.
- Receives wellness stipend of $800 annually
- 2 weeks of paid time off per year
- Annual professional development/travel budget to be approved by ED
- Free SOD dance classes, performance tickets, etc. with discounts for immediate family members
Please submit your resume with three professional refences to email@example.com. The application window closes June 11th. This position starts late July or early August 2021.
Volunteer Opportunities include: helping backstage at our performances, taking tickets, helping with administrative tasks, helping with fundraisers & MORE! Please note, some volunteer positions are dependent on passing a background check. Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.