2018 & 2019 Company & Junior Company
Lily Fessenden (Captain)
Sage Maestro (Captain)
Abby Engel (Captain)
Sam Merck (Captain)
Carly Tunkey (Trainee)
Madeline Willett (Trainee)
Company Mission & Goals
Our mission remains the same we are just kicking it up a notch… The Mission of the Dance Company is to provide exceptional dance training, performance opportunity and team building skills to a small group of dedicated dancers. By attending weekly technique classes and group rehearsals, local master classes, traveling to workshops and community performances, each member will be pushed to grow as an individual dancer as well as a team. The goal is to enhance confidence, technique, discipline, rhythm, self-esteem and passion through the art of dance.
Goals for 2018-19 season:
- Attend [at least 1] competition/convention in Denver this season
- Attend the CO Dance Expo and/or other workshops outside of SOD
- More performance/training opportunities throughout the school year
- Foster student self-choreography and exhibition
- Make available some teaching opportunities for Company members
- Attend professional dance performances (field trips !)
- Fundraising ! We need more parent involvement and help ☺
• Company members are held to a high standard in terms of commitment, attitude and dedication within the dance program. Full participation and enthusiasm is expected and nurtured. Be ready to give it your all!
• A focus on community outreach is part of this year’s growth. We will be looking for more ways to share our dance with our community!
• Fundraising will be necessary to reach bigger goals such as out-of-town workshops and competitions
• Uphold positive report with CB community as ambassadors of the dance school and dance company
Just Some Perks:
- Individualized dance training/education
- A focus on self-growth and creativity
- Community service opportunity – gift the valley with your talents!
- “Specials” in SOD performance (solos, duos, self-choreo, etc.)…and more!!!!
Yes! The CB Dance Company is Here for Year #6 !
Expectations of ALL Company dancers:
- Summer – enroll in [at least] 8 dance classes over summer (4 in ballet)
- Fall – attend appropriate company rehearsals, mandatory ballet and enroll in [at least] 1 other technique class (i.e., modern, tap, etc.)
- For dancers interested in teaching opportunities, training will be available during the fall session. Each student must assist Adge or another teacher with a scheduled class during this time. Adge will set these connections up with students.
- Dancers will take [at least] 2 classes per week during the regularly scheduled class times during the winter and spring sessions.
- Company Practices may be held before school and/or on the weekends.
- No unexcused absences. 1 excused absence permitted/semester (2 lates, 5 min or more, equals 1 absence). Dancers are responsible to learn missed choreography before the next practice or dancers may be left out of missed choreography
- Uphold positive report with CB community as ambassadors of the dance school and dance company
- Can audition for seasonal pieces.
- All senior company dancers will have 1 group piece per show. There will be an option to audition for up to 3 smaller pieces per session.
We invite you to be dedicated, inspired, challenged, and ready to grow!
Please contact Jesse Buchanan for more information: firstname.lastname@example.org