Auditions will be held early June.
Auditions will include ballet, jazz, contemporary and lyrical components. 3 judges will have a rubric to score each dancer (rubrics are available to dancers before auditions) and totals will be averaged to a final score.
Dancers must receive a score of 70 or higher to be placed on Mountain Rhythm Company (7th-9th)or, a score of 75 or higher to be placed on Mountain Rhythm Elite Company (9th-12th). Every dancer will wear black leotard, pink tights, hair slicked back in a bun, and no jewelry.
If you are interested in auditioning for company please email Jesse@dancecrestedbutte.
Grade in 2020-2021
Which company you are auditioning for-Mountain rhythm company (7th-9th) OR Mountain rhythm Elite company (9th-12th)
Dancer email/phone (9th-12th only)
Company Mission & Goals
The Mission of the Dance Company is to provide exceptional dance training, performance opportunity and team building skills to a small group of dedicated dancers. By attending weekly technique classes and group rehearsals, local master classes, traveling to workshops and community performances, each member will be pushed to grow as an individual dancer as well as a team. The goal is to enhance confidence, technique, discipline, rhythm, self-esteem and passion through the art of dance.
Mountain Rhythm Company
Is for our 7th, 8th and 9th grade dancers
Mountain Rhythm ELITE Company
Is for our 9th-12th grade dancers
• Company members are held to a high standard in terms of commitment, attitude and dedication within the dance program. Full participation and enthusiasm is expected and nurtured. Be ready to give it your all!
• A focus on community outreach is part of this growth. We will be looking for more ways to share our dance with our community!
- 1-2 extra classes each session
- Highlighted roles in Nutcracker
- Assistant teaching opportunities
- Travel to a dance convention(s)
- Senior Solos in spring performance
- Optional Big Dancer/Little Dancer program
- Individualized dance training/education
- A focus on self-growth and creativity
- More performance/training opportunities throughout the school year
- Foster student self-choreography and exhibition
- Attend professional dance performances (field trips!)
- Community service opportunity – gift the valley with your talents!
- “Specials” in SOD performance (solos, duos, self-choreography, etc.)…and more!!!!
Expectations of ALL Company dancers:
- All dancers must take ballet and 2 other classes of their choice each session.
- Summer – enroll in [at least] 8 dance classes over summer (4 in ballet).
- For dancers interested in teaching opportunities, training will be available. Each student must assist a teacher with a scheduled class.
- Dancers will take 1 ballet class and 2 classes of their choice per week during the Fall-Winter and Winter-Spring sessions.
- Company Practices may be held before school and/or on the weekends.
- No unexcused absences. 2 excused absence permitted/semester (2 lates, 5 min or more, equals 1 absence). Dancers are responsible to learn missed choreography before the next practice or dancers may be left out of missed choreography.
- Attend [at least 1] competition/convention in Denver this season mandatory for MRE optional for MR
- Uphold positive report with CB community as ambassadors of the dance school and dance company
We invite you to be dedicated, inspired, challenged, and ready to grow!