Company Mission & Goals
The Mission of the Dance Company is to provide exceptional dance training, performance opportunity and team building skills to a small group of dedicated dancers. By attending weekly technique classes and group rehearsals, local master classes, traveling to workshops and community performances, each member will be pushed to grow as an individual dancer as well as a team. A focus on community outreach is part of this growth. We will be looking for more ways to share our dance with our community! The goal is to enhance confidence, technique, discipline, rhythm, self-esteem and passion through the art of dance.
Company members are held to a high standard in terms of commitment, attitude and dedication within the dance program. Full participation and enthusiasm is expected and nurtured. Be ready to give it your all!
Mountain Rhythm Companies (MR)
Is for our 6th-12th grade dancers
What’s going on with the company and competitions/conventions?!
When we listen and work together, we can make dreams come true!
- Crested Butte School of Dance acknowledges those dancers who desire more rigor and want to commit to full seasons of dance! These dancers are required to register for 3 technique classes/week minimum all year and attendance matters! (Please be aware that classes offered twice a week in the fall count as 1 registration and all required classes must be fulfilled through SOD curriculum.)
- We have scheduled guest artists and workshops throughout the year, starting this summer, to visit SOD, offer choreography phrases and dances, and provide enrichment training for our dancers.
- SOD Company gear/uniforms will be ordered this summer so that we can REPRESENT!
- The audition process is an element of dance education. We are educating our dancers to understand what an audition is, what typical audition expectations are, and how to prepare for any auditions that may occur outside of the SOD walls in students’ future dance pursuits.
- This is the 1st round of SOD Company auditions for 2022-2023, specifically planned for our returning company members and full time dancers who know now that they would like to join the company. We will build an ongoing list of interested dancers and families and hold auditions again at the end of the summer.
- While we boast an inclusive all around program where one company houses all of our dedicated dancers, casting of company dances will be merit based. Merit based casting means that students with similar experience, skills, attendance, maturity, leadership qualities, and positive community outlook will be grouped together in choreography. Our calendars will be full and commitment to your team is essential.
- The competition season lasts from August 2022 to May 2023 and company members will have the opportunity to attend at least 2-3 competitions/conventions in Denver, to learn and understudy all company dances, to learn and perform solos/duos/trios, and to perform in an annual end of year Competition Demo Show in addition to the Winter 2022 and Spring 2023 shows.
- We will work with those dancers who would like to perform solos, duets, and trios for the coming school year starting this summer. There is a one time choreography fee and then these rehearsals will be charged as private and semi private classes and scheduled according to dancer/choreographer/studio availability.
- SOD will manage the registration/administrative tasks for all competitions/conventions as the HOME STUDIO and a parent booster club will work together to manage and facilitate many of the other elements required to accomplish the competition season. Parents, your presence will help make us successful! Please get involved by contacting Alex or Shelly to let them know how your particular skill set can help! Alex (email@example.com) Shelly (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Choreographer fee
- Private and Semi private competition pieces
- Company uniform
Expectations of ALL Company Dancers:
- Class and rehearsal requirements:
- Summer – enroll in, at least 16 individual classes (8 ballet and 8 of any genre).
- Fall & Spring Semesters – enroll in, at least 3 semester classes (1 must be ballet if available)
- Must attend all Company rehearsals. Company practices may be held before school and/or on the weekends.
- Company dancers are expected to take all Company level classes offered to them. We highly encourage taking non-company classes too! It’s fun to dance with your peers in a more relaxed setting.
- No unexcused absences. 2 excused absence permitted/semester (2 lates, 5 min or more, equals 1 absence). Dancers are responsible to learn missed choreography before the next practice or dancers may be left out of missed choreography.
- Attend at least 1 travel competition/convention (mandatory for MRE, highly encouraged for MR).
- Attend at least 1 visiting master class/workshop (mandatory for MRE and MR).
- Participate in as many performance opportunities as possible .
- Participate in a team-building fundraiser activity. Proceeds will directly help cover the costs of visiting master classes and workshops.
- Company Captains hold leadership roles amongst company, help with warm ups, organize a fundraiser, and help facilitate special events and team bonding activities for the company.
- Purchase 1 Company gear item their first year of Company. Dancers who are returning to company can continue to wear their gear from previous years unless we get a new design or item that the whole company should have.
- Uphold positive report with CB community as ambassadors of the school of dance and dance Company
- Keep a positive attitude about their classes, other students’ classes, and other students. No class is more important or better than any other class. Your words have lasting effects on students negative or positive.
- Dancers interested in teaching opportunities, attend training and assist a senior teacher with a scheduled class.
We invite you to be dedicated, inspired, challenged, and ready to grow!
Contact our Company Manager, Alexandria Rodriguez, for more information coordinator@dancecrestedbutte.