The SOD offers need based scholarships on an annual basis.
SOD provides scholarships for students of all ages and levels of ability. Our scholarships are funded on an annual basis and contributions are a combination of donations, grants and fiscal financing. Please take the following steps to submit your application and contact us if you have questions.
- Open the file to the right and print a copy of the Scholarship Application Form.
- Fill in the Application and gather all necessary documentation. Incomplete or incorrectly filed applications will not be considered so please read all documentation.
- SOD scholarships may be awarded for 3 consecutive years in a row then a 1 year break must be taken before applying for a scholarship award.
- Submit the application, all supporting documentation and a statement/letter of request by the Submission Deadline for the session you are applying for. Please keep a copy for your records.
- You may submit the application by mailing it to Crested Butte School of Dance, P.O. Box 506, Crested Butte, Colorado 81224
- Applications must be received by the application deadline (not postmarked).
- Contact Shannon Mujica with questions.
- We are thrilled to offer these scholarship opportunities. Thank you for applying.
Winter Session Scholarship Application deadline: Friday, October 12th, 2018
Scholarships will be awarded by Monday, October 22nd.
Spring Session Scholarship Application deadline: Friday, February 8th, 2019
Scholarships will be awarded by Friday, February 15th.
Volunteer Opportunities include: helping backstage at our performances, taking tickets, helping with administrative tasks, helping with fundraisers & MORE! Contact Annie for more information.
For dancers grades Pre-K – Grade 5 the October 12th application is the scholarship round for the entire season.
For dancers grades 6-adult, there will be two rounds of funding accompanying the Winter and Spring Session
- Scholarships must be printed, mailed or hand delivered by the date deadline listed on the website for the appropriate session.
- Each child in a family applying for a scholarship must complete the first page of the application.
- Current financial information must be included only once for each family applying for single or multiple scholarships.
- The applications must be completely and thoroughly filled out with each class title and session price. This information can be found on the website and will be posted prior to the scholarship deadline.
- If awarded a scholarship a volunteer commitment to the SOD is required.
TUITION ASSISTANCE FUNDRAISERS Please help us to raise money for our tuition assitance program by donating any used dancewear (tap shoes, ballet shoes, jazz shoes, leotards, tops, pants or any other cool or crazy items for dance). Please contact Annie 970-209-5711 to donate items.
The Crested Butte School of Dance is a designated 501(c)(3) non-profit corporation and all gifts, grants and donations are tax deductible. EIN# 84-1183302
NOTICE OF NONDISCRIMINATORY POLICY AS TO STUDENTS
The Crested Butte School of Dance admits students of any race, color, national and ethnic origin and sexual persuasion to all the rights, privileges, programs, and activities generally accorded or made available to students at the school. It does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national or ethnic origin or sexual persuasion in administration of its educational policies, admissions policies, scholarship and loan programs, and athletic and other school-administered programs.