The Crested Butte Dance Company
We invite you to be dedicated, inspired, challenged, and ready to grow!
Expectations of Company Dancers:
Class and Practice Commitment
The Company plan for the 2018-19 season and beyond brings in a serious balance of technique and team opportunity for dance students grades 7-12! A new “track” will be formed in which dancers can reach their highest potential through more intensive training.
We will have Junior Company Track and 2 tracks for Senior Company. The Company is aimed at giving dedicated dancers a chance to strengthen their skills in a smaller, more focused setting while also attending the regular SOD class schedule with all of their dance peers. It is a perfect mix for those students truly focused on dance technique, team building and taking their dance beyond the classroom.
An audition will be held Friday, June 8th 10:00-12:30 am in the PUMP ROOM STUDIO. A small group of dancers will be determined and given more dance educational opportunity than ever.
2018/2019 Audition Details>>more info coming soon
2018/2019 DETAILS COMING SOON!
Junior Company training track
10 dancers total
Required to take 2 dance classes per session plus Friday 7-8am rehearsals with Stephanie Marziano Winter and Spring sessions. Perform in the May Showcase.
Questions? Contact Jesse Buchanan firstname.lastname@example.org
- Dancers (Jr & Sr company) will be required to take at least 8 summer dance classes. If you are in the ballet/lyrical track 6 of those classes must be ballet technique.
- Dancers will be required to take technique classes in the fall session. Requirement to be determined.
- 1 Company training per week. Dancers will attend this practice and further their learning around body awareness, injury prevention, self-choreography skills, and extra choreography opportunities to be performed in each dance showcase throughout the season.
- Regular Classes: Company students will also be required to participate in [at least] 2 regularly scheduled technique classes from the SOD schedule (each class runs 2 days/week). Here they will dance with all of their peers, as usual, learning technique as well as performance pieces for the winter and spring showcases.
- Solos, duos, trios, “specials” etc. will be dealt with case by case and will be billed separately from company practices.
Opportunity also includes: Teacher training/assistant roles, leadership roles, travel to college expos, conventions/competitions, master classes, etc.
***Yes, company dancers will most likely be taking class 4-5 days/week. This is the point! It is your way of life!***
Company Mission & Goals
Our mission remains the same we are just kicking it up a notch… The Mission of the Dance Company is to provide exceptional dance training, performance opportunity and team building skills to a small group of dedicated dancers. By attending weekly technique classes and group rehearsals, local master classes, traveling to workshops and community performances, each member will be pushed to grow as an individual dancer as well as a team. The goal is to enhance confidence, technique, discipline, rhythm, self-esteem and passion through the art of dance.
Goals for 2018-19 season:
• Attend [at least 1] competition/convention in Denver this season
• Attend the CO Dance Expo and/or other workshops outside of CBSD
• More performance/training opportunities throughout the school year
• Foster student self-choreography and exhibition
• Make available some teaching opportunities for Company members
• Attend professional dance performances (field trips)!
• Fundraising ! We need more parent involvement and help
• Company members are held to a high standard in terms of commitment, attitude and dedication within the dance program. Full participation and enthusiasm is expected and nurtured. Be ready to give it your all!
• A focus on community outreach is part of this year’s growth. We will be looking for more ways to share our dance with our community!
• Fundraising will be necessary to reach bigger goals such as out-of-town workshops and competitions
• Uphold positive report with CB community as ambassadors of the dance school and dance company
Just Some Perks:
• Individualized dance training/education
• A focus on self-growth and creativity
• Community service opportunity – gift the valley with your talents!
• “Specials” in CBSD performance (solos, duos, self-choreo, etc.)…and more!!!!